What is the Disability Management Service?
The Disability Management Service is funded by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations – Commonwealth Government of Australia, to deliver employment programs to a wide variety of people.
The Disability Management Service assists people who have an injury, disability or health condition to successfully obtain and maintain independent employment in the open labour market.
The focus of the Disability Management Service is to assist the job seeker to understand, compensate for or manage their injury, disability or health condition, or the resulting limitations or restrictions they may face. It helps the job seeker build work capacity and/or avoid re-injury.
Disability Management Service providers assist job seekers find work and work closely with employers to ensure safe and sustainable employment.
How do people access the Disability Management Service?
To be eligible for the Disability Management Service you need to:
• Be receiving a Centrelink benefit
• Have had a Job Capacity Assessment (EPIC can arrange)
• Direct register with EPIC Employment Service if not receiving a Centrelink benefit.
If you meet these criteria or would like to find out further information regarding engaging in the Disability Management Service with EPIC Employment Service, discuss with your local Centrelink or contact EPIC Employment Service directly.
What can you expect from the Disability Management Service?
Once you are linked in with the Disability Management Service, you will work with experienced EPIC staff to develop a specific Employment Pathway Plan aimed at helping you get employment that suits your strengths and abilities. This will involve EPIC staff working with you in:
• Identifying your strengths, specialised needs, additional training and access to other health professionals or community agencies that you would like to be involved.
• Developing and regularly reviewing an Employment Pathway Plan
• Identifying suitable employment vacancies
• Assisting in the preparation of a resume and job applications
• The introduction and induction of new employment positions
• Providing quality training
• Continued support to ensure sustainable employment, avoiding re-injury, is achieved
• Workplace assessments and modifications through an Occupational Therapist.